INSTA

Instagram

Saturday, November 26, 2011

way back when, lets say, November 16th

I sit here with a crackling fire and a cup of tea. So pleasant and I can't help but think I am at a good place in my life. Having so much fun with my husband, dog and new friends... a girl couldn't be happier. I swam today. It makes me feel revived and energized. Plus, I feel better about eating dessert. That's a bonus.

I know I have been neglectful for about a week so let me catch everyone up. We will start with two Wednesdays ago. It was a great day. I didn't work and Dan turned 23. He's a young bloke. His wonderful girlfriend, Kristen who I adore, planned a day filled with adventure and let me tell you, it was a success ten-fold.

That magical day I received the iphone so that might have really inflated my day. It's a likely factor. Anyways, Kristen drove us to Fort Collins (about an hour into the valley) for the New Belgium brewing company tour! Stop number 1. Words cannot express how impressive this entity is... amazing. They started in a basement like all companies do but they were smart. The founders had passion for good beer, friends and the environment. This brewery is employee owned and they use wind power for their whole system. They have a slide in their building and once you have worked there for a year, you get free stock, 5 years and you get a free trip to europe. Talk about treating their employees right, take that Walmart! I want to work there!! They recycle and support biking. 

Have you ever heard of fat tire? This is them. My favorites are Fat Tire, Abbey, Ranger, Belgo! Delicious! Here are some pictures from the tour! And I had some awesome ones but they got lost. Don't ask me how. There is no explanation for it. 



Birthday boy and Kristen!


Our guide. Jessica. She provided us with beer at every turn.


the slide I was describing. 



Isn't this lovely. Made with things that make up their company...junk


In the bathroom stalls, inspiring words. 

Their motto.
Stop number 2. From there, we drove a few short blocks to Fish restaurant. It was fresh. They have lots of good fish and some of it, they keep in tanks and pull them out right when you order. We had a table full of wine, shrimp and desserts. It was a blast. Oh, and I ate an oyster. I the only thing I remember is sand. The rest, I blocked from my memory. yuck!



Stop number 3. It's hard to believe that our night kept going but it did. Kristen drove us down to Denver to see a Warren Miller film called  ...like there's no tomorrow. Warren Miller is famous for making awesome ski movies. The theater was packed. If you ever get a chance, go see one of his movies! It is totally worth it and you might get inspired! 

We are loving it out here! Come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment