INSTA

Instagram

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Home Tour: Kitchen.

Get people back into the kitchen and combat the trend toward processed food and fast food.
-Andrew Weil


I am so passionate about food and cooking. No more processed foods! No wonder people feel so sick, tired and depressed! You are what you eat people!! This coming from the girl who recently blogged about her new obsession with Caesar salad... you get the point. At least it's natural, fresh ingredients, right?


OKay, enough of that soapbox. I have decided that I love the kitchen. Partially because my parents taught me the joy of cooking and my aunt bought me the joy of cooking cookbook. Which is amazing. But also because I have a wonderful husband who is so helpful with dishes and fuels my imagination for food. As many of you know, I love all herbs and spices.. and I add them in everything (thanks for that one, dad!). And luckily, Kev puts up with it too. Don't get the wrong idea either, Kev cooks a ton, probably most of the meals. So when i say I love cooking, I do it maybe 3 times a week but I bake constantly. 


My favorites are fresh things. With fruits and Veggies. Nothing can top my husbands homemade pizza. Heavenly. Baking is therapeutic and something that can be shared with everyone! Lately, we love grilled cheeses with fresh sharp cheddar and Muir Glen Tomato Basil soup. The soup is organic but it's the best tomato soup in a can I can find! Guacamole. yum. We love to eat, in moderation of course. 


Kitchen: Inspiration.. well the wall color is hands down from living in Broadripple with my besties. Our kitchen was a similar color. I don't think I will ever go back. It just makes the kitchen happy and light. There is hardly any wall space in this kitchen so I doubt the pictures can even do it justice. I knew I would love our kitchen the day it took us only 2 hours to paint it!! 




We love to look out our window while in the kitchen, watching the animals!

To the Left of the sink. on the way into the living room.

right of the sink. We call this door the back door.

again, the sink area.

my favorite thing in the kitchen. we save precious space and it looks cool!

again, the back door.
The other side of the kitchen isn't very exciting. A fridge that is borderline too big and we can't open our door a full 90 degrees. A white gas stove which is wonderful. Cooking with gas makes so much sense. We also have a little pantry/shelving area. I might get around to taking pics. 


That wraps up day one of the tour! Not sure what will be next. Which ever area we clean first. I just got done working my third night shift in a row and although during it, I couldn't even tell it was night I was so awake, I am quickly crashing. 


Much love to all. So excited about Tori's baby! 



No comments:

Post a Comment