INSTA

Instagram

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving week. with the rents.

Our Thanksgiving was pretty uneventful this year and for that, I am grateful. Normally we have a huge meal which takes all day and is delicious but seduces me back for seconds and thirds. Not this year. We went to the 10th annual Estes Park Thanksgiving celebration held at a church just around the corner. We walked! Which was awesome and there was no option for seconds. We ate our meal, met people who sat at our table and then went on our way. No clean up. No temptations but also, no leftovers. Who doesn't love Thanksgiving leftovers? No one that I know. We also went on a Tday hike which was lovely. Callahan found a fresh elk spine and wouldn't put it down. Below, we found a bear or elk femur under our house (kinda creepy) and let Cal play with it all day.

Let me start from the beginning. My parents arrived on  Saturday before Tday and it was snowing (a lot!). It was the day of the Chirstmas tree lighting!! We got there just after they lit the tree. It was so pretty and nalstalgic. All my years of life, I have wanted to attend a tree lighting. Something magical about it and this year, I nearly made it! Closer then any other year. My parents brought all the goods they promised and we moved those in stat! Ohh how I love organization. Husband and I worked a full schedule that week so my parents did a lot of hanging out. I have lots of pictures to show for it! Overall, it was a nice week and I am so happy my parents were able to share it with us! They said they wanted to move to Estes.... but I am pretty sure they were trying to scare me.
























































No comments:

Post a Comment