INSTA

Instagram

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The weekend.

On Friday night, we had an impromptu gathering at our house for games and dinner. The dinner was delicious and I made sweets!! nom nom. Some of us played phase10 while Kevin and Garrett duked it out over Scrabble. It was kinda hilarious to watch. But the night was so much fun! Saturday we went on the Estes Park Holiday Home Tour which was just okay. Some very lovely houses but it was short and not as festive as I imagined considering the theme was Christmas! but enough about that. I won't bore you with pictures of the delicious treats I made or the knitting project I got out and we all worked on... boring!! Or even the home tour.

What I do want to share is all about today! I finally went backcountry snowboarding and it was awesome! Kev has been several times but this was my first with all my own gear. I should also mention this is the first time I have boarded in two years (yikes). We went into Rocky Mountain National Park at an old ski resort location and hiked up, in lots of powder. We had snow shoes but I had never been in that deep of powder; some spots were waist high! Talk about a work out. I am happy to report I made it down in one piece but boarding in a foot of powder is hard. Just an FYI. It was a lot of fun, just my love and I. Kev laughed a lot. Apparently I was a funny site to see.

I can't believe we are getting more snow! Lately, it has been snowing a lot. Maybe 6 inches the other day but tonight and into tomorrow, we will get 6-10 inches!! Wahooo.. and we are going resort boarding this Wednesday! Can't wait! Hope your weekend was as delightful and delicious as mine! Cheers!

best partner ever!





ah water

we made it! i can finally breath. 

it might be hard to tell.. this is an old run that has grown over with trees!

snowshoed it. 

powder powder everywhere





i got stuck.. in powder. This is one of those spots where
 I said Kev couldn't stop laughing at me. 


Best man I know. Couldn't have done it without him. 


1 comment:

  1. So Cute!! WIsh I was snowboarding too! At the resort though ;)

    ReplyDelete