INSTA

Instagram

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Who remembers Christmas Vacation?

If you were like my Dads side of the family, watching Christmas Vacation during Thanksgiving or Christmas was always a tradition. I remember, I had to walk out of the room during certain parts until I was thirteen. So funny. Anyways, my moms side of the family had their annual Christmas gathering while I was stuck out in Colorado. I know, Colorado is awesome but considering I hardly get to see my extended family, I would have done almost anything. Of course, this was my weekend to work nights. No need to fear, I didn't sulk all weekend. I decided to enjoy myself all the same.

We went to the Rock Inn!! The first time in a while. It was decorated so lovely with a huge, real tree in the middle. Yes, around these parts, real trees are cheap and easy to go cut down yourself! We don't have a tree this year so I enjoyed eyeing this one all night. And the Rock Inn had such a fun band!

[take a look]

This brought back memories...
Don't worry. We did more this weekend than just go to a tavern. We summited a mountain. Lilly Mountain to be exact. Not sure if it was the best idea considering I only had a short time for a nap before my nightshift but the views were the best we have ever seen. We decided when people visit, this is on the list of hikes to take. You can see everything. The Valley over the foothills. Lots of Rocky Mountain National Park, etc. It was lovely and a good workout. And there was snow which always makes walking harder (my opinion). More pictures below!






the top. pictures don't really do any justice.




No comments:

Post a Comment