INSTA

Instagram

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Let the season begin

I am talking about the ski/snowboarding season. Heck, the outdoor winter sports season!! It has official began folks. I know, it started a while ago but we hadn't been to a big resort until this past weekend. Seth, Kevin's best man, is spending a season out in Beaver Creek, Colorado. It's a lovely resort! We decided to take a few of our free days to go visit and get some slopes in... We left at 6am Sunday morning (since it's a three hour drive) and we were on the slopes by 9:30am. It was the perfect day for skiing and I was getting good. I am still learning how to go from my heels to toes without freaking out. And I did it! In fact, I was so confident and practicing so much that I bit it. Yup, my toe edge was facing downward on the mountain and it was horrible. The first thing that hit was my head. Thank you Kevin for forcing me to buy a helmet! My googles cracked and I laid there for what seemed forever... I was so mad at myself. I was having so much fun and now I had some serious whiplash. I couldn't move my head going down the rest of the mountain.. So silly. I am sure people thought I had serious issues, stiff as a board. Still mad about it. And now I am terrified it will happen again. ugh. But the good news is that I got to go chill in the lodge and watch the Packers game with a good beer. But I would have rather been on the slopes. Needless to say, Kev and Seth  skied the rest of the day and Monday without me. I am happy he got to have fun! 

But enough about that part. Lets talk about the other stuff like watching "How I met your Mother" a lot on Netflix and watching the last Harry Potter movie. "How I met your Mother" is a new favorite of ours.  We finally ate at Larkburger! I have seen this place in Boulder several times (every time we go into the valley, we almost always stop at Chipotle in Boulder cause Estes doesn't have one) next to the Chipotle. I have always wondered about it and then again, I saw it in Ft Collins. Seth mentioned they had one and I immediately jumped on that idea. It's delicious. Comparable to Five Guys but everything is Biodegradable and that makes anything better. yumyum. 

The rest of our week has been work, work, work. We are leaving for the midwest in the AM of the 28th. AHHHH I cannot wait to see some friends and family. It will be a long drive but so rewarding. And the pooch is coming with!! YAY!

we stopped by Sunshine Cafe, a tradition of my families ever since we
have been coming out west. Delicious breakfast...
Husband on the lift.

Larkburger

I snapped a few pics from our weekend... ohh and no home tour for a little while. Too much going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment