INSTA

Instagram

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Yes, Please

Remember when Kev was a snowboard bum in Breckenridge for the season. This is our first reuniting upon his return.  I missed that man. Such love I have for him.
What we really should take away from Valentines Day is love for ourselves. Not the selfish, know it all, I am better than everyone love because lets be honest, that kind of admiration doesn't work for anyone. I am talking about self respect. I can't tell you how many ladies I have met over my years who didn't love themselves. How can someone else love you if you are unhappy with yourself. That is my challenege for all my friends who glance at this page. Today, don't think about how single you are, what you did or didn't do in your last relationship, how you don't add up. Let me tell you something because I know all my readers (my dearest friends and family), you all add up. You are all fabulous people and there is no need to dwell on imperfections or missed love. No apologies for being yourself. 

This is a working goal for me. I like myself a lot but sometimes, I beat myself up over nothing. Thank you society for sometimes convincing me that I am not perfect and that there is a standard, because I know there isn't. I know my imperfections make me perfect and thankfully, I married a man who feels the same. 

Now a little love for Pula. My Pula. Marrying this man has been the best decision I ever made. Marriage has been a blessing as I hope it is for everyone. I admire this man with all my heart and he teaches me more about myself and love everyday. He challenges me to be better and love myself more. He's the best. He encourages me to do what I love and never stop. 

Most days, I love to bake! It's therapeutic and the end results is always delicious. Being it's Valentines day, I had to share my newest love. 

Chocolate Chip muffins. The only reason I decided to try this recipe; I was thrifting the other day in Estes and discovered a muffin top man. Okay, so I didn't actually know what it was but I asked and boy, I am so happy I asked. You know those super cute little "muffin tops" at Panera. That is what I am talking about! Kevin was out of town this entire weekend (more awesomeness on that later). I took it upon myself to bake him something sweet.

Found this recipe on The Curvy Carrot. So sorry, I didn't even take pictures of them. We ate the treats too fast but they do make the perfect breakfast-on-the-run snack. And people, these are the best choc. chip muffins I have ever eaten. 

Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup sour cream
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used mini-chocolate chips) 
Instructions
1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Line one cupcake pan with liners, set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4.  In another large bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla extract, mixing well.
5.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined.
6. Gently add in the chocolate chips until thoroughly combined.
7. Evenly divide the batter among the prepared cupcake liners (I use a large ice cream scoop for this) so that the liners are about 3/4-full.
8.  Bake until a tester inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean, about 14-18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment