INSTA

Instagram

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Shabby boarding

As you all have heard, the husband has this little gig with Maui Jims. He travels to different ski resorts promoting their awesome glasses. Yesterday he had a gig, just for one day and of course, I couldn't let him go without me by his side. That means he would have to drive 6 hours alone, get free drinks all to himself and snowboard all day by his lonesome.

I am so happy I was able to go with. It was the best day ever on the slopes. This was my first time at Vail and I think I might be in love. The mountain was awesome. We had powder and I perfected my snowboarding skills. I only fell twice, went through some trees (and got stuck, had to walk myself out of that one) and even attempted little jumps. We both agreed it was the best day of boarding. We topped it off with Pizza and then off to the Mardi Gras parade that Kevin was working. It was hilarious. He had to dress up as Jimmy the Parrot and take a million pictures with tourists, what a trooper. Not to mention, Epic Mix booth was right next to us. Our pictures were a little excessive to say the least. We had Callahan with us since we were gone almost 17 hours. He hung out in the car for the first half but then was out with us, celebrating Fat Tuesday. He was the biggest hit of all! Everyone wanted picture after picture! He might even end up in a Colorado Ski magazine. Here are some pictures from yesterday. Hope your fat Tuesday was just as delightful and inspiring as ours!

Also- an FYI. I signed up for a referral program via Shabby Apple. They sell the cutest clothes, skirts, etc.

If you click on this link below and purchase something, I get a great discount and you, my friends, get 15% off! Isn't that awesome! And then you can do the same and it can become a train of discounts. Ohh the bliss. So purchase away, my friends! Surely there are baby showers, wedding events, hot dates and beaches that need attending. Why not do it in style. Did I mention, they have kids wear too! They even have aprons.  Shabby Apple discount- click me


Outside of Boulder, on our way to the mountain at sunrise. It's my favorite picture thus far. 
Proof that I was on the mountain. My husband scored me these awesome ZEAL goggles. They are top of the line, polarized and everything. Working for Maui Jims has some great rewards like free everything! 
powder.
We were party animals 
parade through Vail village
seriously, the cutest.
we found his twin sister!

Also, there are some pretty hilarious pictures of Kevin in his parrot suit on the EpicMix website. 
Click here and here for some funny pics.

1 comment: