INSTA

Instagram

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thanksgiving was a SUCCESS!!!

On Monday, otherwise known as Columbus Day, we had a delicious celebration of CAnadians. The evening, which began at 6pm, was filled with ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green been casserole, my favorite cheese ball and all the salad a girl could ask for. We all filled our bellies to to brim. Every bit of 15 people squeezed into our tiny one bedroom house. We ate on tables and floors, each others laps and even standing up but it didn't matter, we were having too much fun to care! The music was mellow with my new favorite obsession, Iron Horse covering Modest Mouse; we danced and sang and swayed. Did i mention most people wore sweaters or vests, flannel and even scarves. haha
typical callahan.. waiting for dropped food
kathryn, kristen, cami

cami, lisa, me
kimberly and cami
eating
only canadian drinks and apple cider were allowed.
newlyweds carlie and dave

Trivia Pursuit




My friend Kristen and I cooked most I of the food that day. I felt blessed to be surrounded by the beauty of the mountains and such great people including my husband who did all the clean-up. Thanks hubs!




This week also starts the beginning of my boredom. Timeout has officially moved to winter hours, only open 3-10pm mon-thurs and then normal hours on the weekends. So I told my boss I don't need to take away hours from everyone else when I will be starting my new job on October 24th. Dumb Idea. I can't just sit around for two weeks. I am already thinking about all the new movies I can watch and even contemplating a run around the lake.... but thats only if I am really desperate. I would rather hike before I run.

In other news, I got to talk to one of my bestie yesterday and ichated with another last week! and hopefully will talk to the others this week.
I really miss my friends. I am making new friends but it just isn't that same. I doubt I will ever have such great friends as I did back home. 


I think this friday is another good band at the Rock Inn and hopefully, my camera will be ready this time!


Did I mention we had our first snow on Saturday!! It was gorgeous! 4 inches. of course, it melted the next day but that night, we had friends over to watch Out Cold and drink hot tea with chocolate chip butterscotch oatmeal cookies which were so gooey. I think I am ready for fall, not winter. Hopefully, we don't skip a season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment