INSTA

Instagram

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Edge of timeeeeeeeeeeee

This past weekend in Estes Park was one for the record books. It is mid October and I wore a T-shirt!! Now this is only during the daytime but still, it was so lovely. It gave us plenty of opportunity to play in the great outdoors! Friday, Kev got off work a little early and we wasted no time. It was off to  Lilly mountains Jurassic Park. Even though it's 15 minutes up the road and a rather steep hike, we had never adventured here! It was lovely, at least while the sun was out.

We went rock climbing in an awesome area on top a mountain nestled between two rock faces. We only passed one family on the way so we had the whole place to ourselves!
Unforchunately, we only climbed 3 routes total (once that sun goes down, the wind picks up and I thought we might freeze).

looking behind me

I made it to the top!

can you see the pula?

hah a little chalk on the face.

only thing holding me up

     
can you see the other climber. they are wearing red! 
Kev climbed this awesome one called Edge of Time. I didn't climb it because by then, I was freezing and ready to get warmed up but next time! 

at the top

top again

such the perfect mountain man for me!!
by the time we hiked back down, there was a lovely sunset

Thankfully the hubs let me where his jacket.

A Friday afternoon well spent. Friday night we went to the ROCK INN!! Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment