INSTA

Instagram

Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012- Just you wait

I can hardly believe it's two thousand and twelve! I have to say, 2011 was such a good year, it will be hard to top but I already feel like this year will be equally awesome or even better! I know, such a crazy thought but I really hope my instincts are right on this one. Then again, happiness is a frame of mind. Don't take this personally, I know a lot of people make new years resolutions but not me. I don't believe in them. I think, just do it today. Start today. What if tomorrow never comes and you die thinking about what you were gonna start in 2012. Hey, for some it works. It doesn't do the trick for me!! For me, I cannot wait to finish the books I start and learn to eat more like a vegan. Kev and I are planning a big trip this year. We can't wait and we have some pretty smokin ideas but you'll have to wait until later on the details. Lets just say, it involves something that we've never done!

Speaking of eating more like a vegan (that just means less meat and dairy folks, nothing crazy), we were gifted this awesome book for Christmas, Happy Herbivore. We discovered this book while watching the documentary Forks over Knives. This film discusses the China Study and other ideas for healing diseases. It was an awesome movie (in my opnion). Thank you Netflix. From that moment on, we decided to be a little bit more conscious about our food choices. Don't worry folks, I still bake and use butter but just not as much. And so far, I am okay with that. It basically means we eat lots of veggies and beans, grains and rice and the most delicious soups yet.



Do you see this brownie above. It came from the book and I figured I would share incase some of you are feeling adventurous.

Single Serving Brownie

Ingredients:
2 tbsp organic whole-wheat pastry flour (good for bread and such too), 1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa, dash ground cinnamon,
small pinch baking powder, 1 tbsp agave nectar, 1 generous tbsp unsweetened applesauce,
1 tsp unsweetened dairy milk ( i used almond but surely normal milk works too), 
1-2 drops of vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 ( I used our toaster oven and it worked perfectly!)
2. Grease single muffin tin and set aside (I used a 1cup measuring spoon, way easier to clean and come on, this brownie is only for one. No need to get all the other muffin cups involved.)
3. I mixed everything together and popped it in for 15-20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. I also added some butterscotch chips cause they are so delicious. 

It was pretty good. It makes only one so no brownie pan tempting you for days and its low fat. 191 calories for the whole things and it was a big brownie. And only 18 calories from fat. My first bite, I could tell it wasn't a normal brownie but I was disgusted and the consistency was gooey. And it wasn't dry. Enjoy. 

Did I mention it was 60 degrees and sunny today. Such the perfect day. Can't wait for visitors!! 

Heres to 2012 rocking our socks off and going down in the history books. Cheers to completing your resolutions!! Best of Luck!














1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure Meg meant to say "not disgusted" when she ate the brownie.

    ReplyDelete