INSTA

Instagram

Monday, April 9, 2012

The good life

The other day I was driving around Estes. Normally, the radio isn't on in my car because lets be honest, I rarely get stations to come in. Well, I just happened to turn on that radio and I heard a song by OneRepublic called The Good Life.

It reminded me of how wonderful my life truly is. I have such a great life. I have been blessed beyond belief and sometimes, I loose sight of how lucky I am. I have never experienced a natural diaster or loss of a parents. We always have plenty of food and have spare time to play in the mountains and do what we love. We are lucky.


But sometimes I struggle with the knowledge that I have. It is often easier to ignore the thoughts of Africa and other nations who are suffering. I've been there and seen it first hand. I know that they are starving and walk miles for water. I know rape is a constant fear in the minds of women everyday in certain villages. It makes me so sad in my heart. It makes me angry that I can't stop it all. Lately its been heavy on my heart. Why do I deserve to be safe and secure while other innocent people don't. It just doesn't make sense to me. And I think I am maybe being a little harsh. Just because they have to walk a long time for water and eat rice and beans or mush for their meal doesn't mean they aren't happy. Even in the midst of this, the children are radiant with joy and happiness. They make soccer balls out of trash bags and play all day. They are happy but I just wish their bellies were always full. I hate going to bed hungry and I can't imagine. I want they to have a chance to be educated and bring that education back to their villages!

Occassionally, it hits me hard. That's all. Sometimes it really sucks knowing. But enough of this. I know a great organization called Bead for Life. I love this group so much for all the good they are doing in the lives of women and children. It's not a handout which is what I like about it. Handouts don't encourage change. I want to have another Bead for Life party! My best friend Courtney and I had a party several years ago and it was a huge success! The other day I wore my beads and I got so many comments so I figured, why not! I can hardly wait! I will tell you guys all about it so you can have one too if want!

Sorry about all that rambling. Talk about a debbie downer but this blog is like a journal. Sometimes things just come out.









No comments:

Post a Comment