INSTA

Instagram

Friday, March 9, 2012

Lumpy Ridge

Ohhh my what a beautiful day in the mountains. I worked last night and as I awoke from my sleep, approx. 2 pm I was upset. I discovered I had missed the best part of the day but then God smacked me around a little, because really, I could have worked a day shift and not even gotten off until 630 pm. How horrible that would have been. Thankfully my husband had exciting plans for us and together, we can just have so much fun without even knowing it. hah

He got home around 330 and we took a bike ride. Ohh it was lovely. We would love to teach Callahan how to ride along side our bikes so we practiced. He did so well but he didn't bike with us the whole time.  In Estes, we have awesome walking/biking trails all over the town. We went the back way and this picture below is of lumpy ridge. When you live somewhere, you kinda forget about the beauty around you, especially lumpy ridge because I see it everyday but when you are out in nature and see it from a different angle, it is spectacular. Today made me so excited for summer and bon fires, smores (for the life of me, is this how you spell this?) and rock climbing. And all the hikes we have yet to discover.

Anyways, we biked down to town and stopped at Eds Cantina- a staple in Estes that has been around for years and I love it. The have the best happy hour with margaritas and nachos. Yum. We tried to bike home, uphill and stopped by Carlie and Daves who were getting ready to visit Daves parents "mini-farm" with horses and chickens and even ducks. It was a blast. One day we want these things, well minus horses. Cheers!











No comments:

Post a Comment