INSTA

Instagram

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Regrets

regrets... such a daunting word. I found this article to be interesting since I currently work with this population. I can't even count how many deaths I have encountered this year. Too many to tally. I have talked to a majority of those people going to their forever place and they have excellent advice.

I ask them things like the secret to a happy life, a happy marriage, living long and the list goes on. I love to hear their responses. I already know what most of them will say. "I lived a simple life, loved only one man or one woman. I stayed active and didn't live on much." It's wonderful to hear them speak. It's the perk to working with old people.

http://www.alternet.org/5-top-regrets-people-have-end-their-lives

Here is the article. It talks about people on their death bed and what they regretted in life, if anything. Hopefully you don't find something that you hold to be true on this list but if you do, don't worry.
I believe it is NEVER too late to change anything, to be anything, to do anything. Good luck and may all of our regrets be few.
Preview for next time... ohh the pillow top




1 comment:

  1. Meg, thanks for sharing this article!! I'm still a newbie in nursing but I work on a Med/Surg Oncology floor and I have such respect and appreciation for you and so many others that work in palliative care. RN Love. :)

    ReplyDelete