INSTA

Instagram

Monday, September 10, 2012

Face Time

Despite the fact that I've been battling an illness (cough, sneeze, yuck), last week was one of the best weeks in a long time. You know when you move far away and you make wonderful friends but you always have this longing for the old ones. The friends you grew up with and who helped to shape you and vice versa. They know your flaws and quirks, have seen you naked a million times and were always there for you. I miss those friends and last week I got to Face Time with two of them! It was so great and spur of the moment but just what I needed. I miss seeing their faces and just hearing their voices or playing with their kiddo.

Those Face Times got me through to this week where one of them will actually be visiting!! Yup, thats right, I get to see them in real life! Wahoo. The only bummer is that the weather is already starting to change and Thursday is a high of 50. We will likely wake up to some snow but that's okay, cause we have a fireplace and hot chocolate and mountains. Luckily, that is only one day of the forecast. The rest are in the 70's. It shall be a blast.

I also narrowed down a date for going home for my moms side of Christmas this year. Living so far away, we can only ever make it home for a short amount of time and this year, it's our turn to throw Christmas which means my momma can pick the date!! And I requested off work. I really want to see all my cousins (hopefully Balkemas too) and Aunts and Uncles too. Let's pray it all works out.

What else... Our new Subaru Outback has been a blessing. Kevin and I both have been picking up weekends at my old job here in Estes. Server and Bartender... and we've been making great partners and raking in some pretty good tips. Can you say pay off this car early, yes please!!

My best girlfriends minus Courtney P. The night before our wedding! 
There's Courtney
I forgot to mention. We got this around my birthday. Not just for me but it happened to be a nice birthday gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment